At the end of this lecture, you’ll be able to:
- Define tree related terminologies: Path, Height, Depth, Level.
- Explain why the height of a full binary tree is O(log N).
- Distinguish between best-case vs. worst-case running time of operations on BST.
- Differentiate general (rooted) tree from a binary tree
- Recognize applications of general purpose tree
- Recognize “Array of References” and “Leftmost-Child–Right-Sibling” representations of general tree.
In this lecture, we'll cover the following lessons:
- Tree Terminology: Path
- Tree Terminology: Height
- Tree Terminology: Depth
- Tree Terminology: Exercise I⚡
- Tree Terminology: Exercise II⚡
- Tree Terminology: Full Binary Tree
- BST Analysis
- Tree ADT
Lessons marked with ⚡ contain exercise/activity.