At the end of this lecture, you’ll be able to:
- Illustrate the decision tree corresponding to the binary search process.
- Identify the various components of a (rooted) tree structure.
- Differentiate general (rooted) tree from a binary tree.
- Recognize the recursive structure of tree.
- Differentiate binary trees from binary search trees based on the complete ordering property.
- Recognize a tree is a non-linear linked structure.
- Explain and trace the core operations of a Binary Search Tree.
- Implement the core operations of an OrderedSet efficiently with a Binary Search Tree.
In this lecture, we'll cover the following lessons:
- Binary Search: The Decision Tree
- Binary Search Tree: Is it a tree?
- Tree Components⚡
- Binary Tree⚡
- Binary Tree: A recursive structure
- Binary Search Tree⚡
- Binary Search Tree: Node Class
- BST Operation: Find⚡
- BST Operation: Insert (How it works)⚡
- BST Operation: Insert (Tracing)⚡
- BST Operation: Insert (Implementation)⚡
Lessons marked with ⚡ contain exercise/activity.